Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Entering into the Season of Lent



Lent... The season leading up to the greatest gift God could ever give us: His Son, dying for our sins.

This isn't something that I, or anyone else deserves. It's why I truly believe that throughout this season we shouldn't only be thankful, but we should also deepen our commitment. There are so many ways in which we can do this.

I've heard some people say that they're going to join in on a decluttering challenge. Some are going to give away an item a day for the next 40 days.

Some people will stop eating meat on Fridays. There are lots of great fish fry's that they can enjoy instead.

Others are going to spend more time reading God's Word and planting this in their heart. Although this is something I feel we should be doing all the time, sometimes life has a way of getting us sidetracked.

I'm actually going to be moving next Friday (2/27) so I've been going through things here, decluttering. I've given lots of things away already. At the same time, I already only eat chicken so I can't give up meat and I do read and pray daily. So, what's left for me to do? In all honesty, I've yet to think of something but I'm sure that in this season of change, God understands. After all, He's a loving God. With that being said, you shouldn't feel bad if you're not able to do anything "special" this Lenten season. However, if you will be doing something: What do you plan to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment